Wednesday, January 19, 2011


Life in the Pakistani corporate sector is quite the soap opera... Now that I've been here for over a year, I've begun to take heed of the subtle nuances, the thinly-veiled jibes and the overall pettiness of people.

What really irks me though is when men talk about women... They'll be polite and flirty to her face. The moment she walks away, they'll comment on her dress, hair, makeup, rate her attractiveness/intelligence, they even have nicknames for their female colleagues :-P. It's no wonder why so many Pakistani women tend to cover up at work and develop a defensive "attitude".

I never thought I'd end up in this sort of working environment being rather soft-spoken, introverted and generally preferring the company of a few close friends than "networking" with every random dude and dudette :-P

I still aspire to be:



But I guess God had other plans... :) I might just end up like:





Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment