Friday, May 22, 2009

Thank God It's Friday

The end of yet another week... time flies by so fast! I feel like I arrived here just yesterday and it's almost time to leave...

Today, I met up with a friend K and we went to see Terminator Salvation at CineStar in Marina Mall. It was "noisy," lots of guns and bombs going off and machines fighting humans, humans fighting machines :p. If it wasn't for Christian Bale, I might've slept right through it but I managed to sit through the movie with a semi-interested expression so as not to offend K.

Anyway, after the movie, I had a brownie ala mode sundae from Baskin Robbins with walnuts, whipped cream and a cherry on top (delicious! but I felt sick afterward). Then we walked to Havana Cafe; K had mint sheesha and we talked about oil rigs (K works for an oil company). The floating rigs are called "ships". First, they mark out an area in the sea and pump out the water. After the ship is ready, they let the water back in and push the ship out to where it's needed.

Back at the villa, M and I watched E.T.. It's weird watching a movie you saw as a child through an adult's eyes (I still find his fingers creepy though).

No comments:

Post a Comment