Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DUBAI!!!

Thanks to my wonderful husband, I had the most amazing weekend :)

Just like the movies, I flew from Karachi to Dubai and met Mr. F at the Terminal 3. The weather in Dubai was gorgeous! We went to the beach and went mall-hopping. We saw Dirty Picture at Dubai Mall (I didn't pick the movie!). Vidya Balan's acting was really good but some of the the scenes were pretty vulgar... don't watch Dirty Picture with your mom or dad :p

Also ate at a really yummy Mexican restaurant (had proper burritos after 3 years!!!) and went to Butcher Shop at a JBR for dinner. Sure, Dubai is a fake, rich man's playground but it's soooo fun :). Our host was lovely too! (thanks A!)

On the last day, we went to Khana Khazana for lunch; a restaurant by the famous Sanjeev Kapoor. While the food was good, I think my mom can make equally good qeema, biryani and daal :-P

Overall, a fun, relaxing long weekend away from the noise and hullabaloo of Karachi... thanks Mr. F, you're the bestest!

M and Il, thanks for coming all the way from Abu Dhabi just so we could all meet up and re-live the Masdar days :) Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment