Thursday, February 25, 2010

Superficiality


I think I'm getting too caught up in the whole wedding planning thing... I do think it's seriously over-rated. I know you (usually) only get married once and it's a big day and all that but honestly, our culture blows it out of proportion... so much so, that I'm focusing more on getting the cutlery and music right than figuring out post-married life.

So 4 other colleagues at the workplace are also getting married this summer! Except no one's marrying someone from the same organization :P. You know what's ironic? My best friend's nikkah/rukhsati is on the same day as my valima... :S and we'll be in the same hotel in different rooms... life can be interesting. I'm thinking, I'll text her during the wedding to keep myself entertained and my fiance's probably going to be checking fb on his blackberry :p.

I'm hoping and praying I don't turn into a desi wife obsessing about Bunto Kazmi's creations and Faiza Samee's couture and Junaid Jamshed's lawn exhibition and I really really hope no one gets me trays from Taneez :P...

Oh and fiance dear is bent on making me fat with mithai from Butt sweets (lol!) and Nan Khatai (yummy!) and lots of chocolaty goodies... I'd be happy with sugar-free chewing gum.. (haha, not really :)).

Keep praying for me dears... God bless!

1 comment:

  1. "I know you (usually) only get married once and it's a big day and all that but honestly, our culture blows it out of proportion" <-- Second that!!!!

    The situation with your friend- interesting ;-) hehehehe....

    Good to see you're so happy, Masha'Allah :-)

    ReplyDelete