Monday, August 1, 2011

On calf-skin and epi-leather

I don't attend these parties very often but Mr. F has some friends in the upper strata of Pakistani society (mostly owners of textile mills and construction companies and their wives) and so, every once in a while, I suffer through conversations such as these:

"Is that the latest Louis Vuitton?"
"Yes, Z got it for me from America, and he got the Tivoli GM XY for my mother-in-law. I think I'll exchange it with her... she just stays home all day. I have to go pick up the kids from school, I need larger bags!"

The first roza was good Alhamdulilah. I was staying with my parents, so didn't have to worry about a thing :) (no waking up early to prepare sehri/planning iftar menu/cooking dinner).

Mr. F comes back tomorrow... I think I'm becoming too emotionally dependent on him so I need to find other activities to keep myself busy, otherwise, he'll get tired of me :p

His birthday's coming up... what do you get a guy who has everything? (keeping in mind, I'm a middle-income, working woman... otherwise, I'd totally get him a Ferrari ;))


2 comments:

  1. Clearly Ramadan didnt stop you from back-biting. And its only the first few days! Wonder what judgmental comments will come after you attend some iftar parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear Anon... this is a generic observation, no offense to anyone in particular!

    ReplyDelete