Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ramadan Mubarak!

Koh Samui from the plane :)

Ramadan Kareem everyone! Hope the month brings many blessings to our families and our country and eases the sufferings of all the sufferers...

My first "married" roza's been ok so far Alhamdulilah. Woke up for Sehri and woke up Mr. F too. I'd made sooji ka halwa specially for him but he didn't even touch it (heart crumbles). Thankfully, I didn't go ahead and make omelettes and parathas too :|... I think I'll let him live off cereal and toast :p

It's the first time I'm experiencing official "Ramadan timings" 7:00am to 2:30pm... I'm trying really really hard to stay alert at work (FYI, no one showed up until 7:45am... Mr. F and I are dorks :p).

I really really really want to go to Austria but Mr. F's been there already. Actually, he's already been to China, S. Africa, Italy, Spain and France and I haven't :'(. Would it be weird/inappropriate if I were to vacation somewhere with my friends instead?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Although I've Alhamdulilah been happily married for a month now, I still don't feel married. It's more like staying over at my boyfriend's apartment :P.

I think I'm supposed to feel totally in love, can't seem to stay apart, yadda yadda but I connected with Mr. F more during the engagement period (long talks on the phone, random conversations, eagerly waiting for texts...)

Now that we're actually living together, I barely see him (except when I walk past his office). I think I had more company living with roommates in college and in Abu Dhabi :P and at home with my bro and sis...


5 comments:

  1. hey, no one FEELS married, hehehe :-) This is like reading my own thoughts after marriage all over again :-)

    'Connecting' WAS so much easier when one's in the engagement phase....with married life, you know he's there; he knows you're there... there is always 'tomorrow'... the sudden slow-down of 'connection speed' ;-) is a bit hard to come to terms with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, come visit me in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is definitely good... Hope u live happily ever after... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts--they're so engaging!
    Ramadan Mubarak!

    ReplyDelete