Sunday, May 14, 2017

Dear Beta

Baby M turned 5 yesterday... and I think I'll start calling him Big Boy M because Mashallah, he's all grown up. For the first time, he was actually excited for his birthday and for the entire week preceding his big day, he'd wake up in the morning and the first thing he'd ask is, "Is it my birthday yet?" The night before, I decorated the house with red and blue lanterns and he got a little surprise on the morning of his birthday :)

We celebrated with Nano and Nana Abbu who made it back from the US just in time to have some of their first grandson's birthday cake and we've planned a Paw Patrol themed party for all the school friends on the following weekend Inshalah.

So, my thoughts as your mother...

You've really blossomed over the past 5 years and my love for you only grows stronger. You're much taller now and developing a big boy physique. You're smart and witty and I love your sense of humor/sarcasm (even though you're rather cheeky at times!). I love how you never give up when you're negotiating for something (a new toy, cake for lunch or delaying bedtime) and I hope some day, you'll be negotiating for more important things. You've always been quick to learn new things and I admire that in you... In many ways, you remind me of me when I was small... You're particular about your possessions, clean, tidy and organized and very accommodating most of the time. You're also quite patient with your little brother and nothing warms my heart more than to see you both playing together peacefully. You love reading and your current favorites are The Magic Faraway Tree and The Second Green Goblin Book. Mashalah, you started reading fluently at age 4, 100% self taught... You're good about finishing your homework and you've recently learned how to bathe all by yourself.

My darling beta (pyarzee munna, sinto pinto rio tinto or Musti as your friends call you), I love you with all my heart. May Allah bless you and guide you to become a good Muslim and human being. May you be kind and compassionate, intelligent and accomplished, humble and generous, honest and hardworking. May you and your brother always be close and enjoy a good relationship and be there for one another. May you always be content and enjoy life. And I pray that I can be the best of mothers to my children and be a good role model for them Inshallah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment